Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Running Gadget - Garmin Forerunner 310XT

Earlier this week I had the misfortune of United Airlines losing my checked bag and with it my Garmin Forerunner 405.  With the Houston Marathon rapidly approaching I was facing with dread the prospect of running it without a trusty Forerunner to keep me on-pace and to automatically record my splits.

Looking on the bright side of my loss, I've always been frustrated with the Forerunner 405's limited battery life of 4-hours, and as I have plans to do several triathlons at the Houston Marathon Expo I looked at other Garmin Forerunners.  I was delighted to find their fantastic Forerunner 310XT, which retains the wireless connectivity options of the Forerunner 405, adds triathlon capability, water resistance, a 20-hour battery life(!) and a much larger screen (that is far easier for those reading glasses challenged athletes like myself.)

Here's a good Garmin video that describes the 310XT:


I'll give the unit a good testing during the marathon tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment